Thursday, November 6, 2008

Surgery for Isaac!!

Today was the day that I had been dreading for at least three weeks now. Isaac had surgery on his mouth where he had a growth on his gum. The Dr. told me to prepare Isaac for his surgery date so that he could act like a big kid. Knowing Isaac anyone of you might laugh at this task, just ask anyone who has seen him freak out at cutting his toenails!! He went in nervous as all get out. When the time came for us to separate from him he did really good. The nurse said that he did great when they hooked up the IV. When he woke up he was funny because he was seeing double. He said "Dad you have four eyeballs!!" Somethings I just couldn't stop laughing. The Dr. said that they took some of his bone on his lower teeth and that hopefully the body will take care of the rest. I guess you don't grow more bone there. We go back in a week for a checkup. For now Isaac is on a liquid and soft food diet!! He also gets to do cold pack every other 20 minutes that he is thrilled about and a bandage that goes around his head that he has to wear for two days!!

2 comments:

Kam said...

Kim,
I am so glad that things went well! Too bad it wasn't a week earlier, you could have just continued wrapping and he could have been a mummy!

audrey said...

I am so sorry he had to have surgery! How is he doing? I'm sorry he had a rotten Halloween. Poor Kid!