Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween 2008


Halloween came and Isaac was not feeling good the night before. He threw up Thursday night and I knew that his Halloween experience was going to be changed. He didn't sleep much that night so it was hard to wake him the next morning. Depending on how he felt I wasn't going to make him go. However he knew that if he showed any signs of being sick I would indeed keep him home from school the biggest day of the year when you have a party. I made him his oatmeal and he just sat there staring at it. I knew right away that he wasn't going to stay home by his lame excuse of it isn't the right oatmeal. Any other day Isaac would stay home in a heart beat. As we proceed to getting ready he keeps laying down on the floor. I said Isaac maybe today isn't a good day to go to school. Then he whined I am fine I want to go. I drop him off at school and I gave him the rules to call me if by an means he can't make it. Time goes by and I don't hear from him while he is at school. I pick him up and he seems to be doing okay.


I had made a doctor visit for Lexi and also scheduled the kids to get their flu shots. The only thing is I decided not to tell them about it which is very unlike me. Isaac and Kylee fell asleep on the way to the doctor. We see Dr. Dan and Isaac is very lifeless. Very unusual for him for anyone that knows him. The nurse comes in to give Lexi her one year old shots and the two flu shots. Isaac noticed how she said shots and then who wants to go first. I sheepily smiled and said hey guys we are going to get our flu shots today. The screams burst through their little bodies. After the screams were done Isaac said that he would go after his sister. Kylee fights it a little more and then I held her for the nurse to give the shot. Isaac now knows it is his turn and starts to cry again. I then picked him up (As most of you know Isaac is almost the same size as me which makes it difficult to pick him up). The nurse says do I need to go get Dr. Dan to help us and Isaac screams NO.... he then pleads with the nurse not to put it in all the way. So she explains it one more time and how fast it is. Sure enough as soon as she put it in he stopped crying and says "that didn't hurt at all." And he was done, no crying, nothing. The nurse gave them treats because after all it was Halloween and this is the only day that they would get treats from the doctor office.


We headed home and again Isaac falls asleep. We get home and he lays on the couch and goes back to sleep. We have dinner and he doesn't eat anything. All day long I don't think he ate anything. It starts to get dark and his cousins are on there way to come go trick or treating. He lays on the floor and we get him dress and he says "Do you think Kylee will take my bag and get candy for me while she trick or treats." It just broke my heart that he had to be sick on that night. He did ride around in the stroller. By the end of the night he was ready to get into his bed!! Hopefully next year he won't be sick!!

No comments: